Monday, October 6, 2014

Wet n Wild Mega Last Review!


 I almost missed out on some *gorgeous* cheap lipsticks, guys.  Fortunately for me, it didn't happen!


The story starts with this lipstick.


The color is 'Think Pink' and I was looking for a dupe for a Bite color I was obsessed with and almost out of.


I thought this baby would do the trick.


But, alas, it was too pink.  Not only that, but the formula felt a bit on the dry and heavy side and it always landed me with chapped lips, so I banished it from my makeup box.

I'd pretty much vowed not to try any more Mega Last lip colors until one day reading articles and comments on XOVain, someone had commented that Smokin' Hot Pink was a bitchin' bright pink that stained and faded nicely.

I had to know.


I found it at a local store and snapped it up.


At first, I thought I'd made another mistake because the color in the tube looked a tad bit chalky and lighter than I'd hoped.  "There goes another $2," I thought.  Then, I put it on...


...and was gifted a gorgeous truly HOT pink lipstick.  The photos do not do it justice and, the person who left the comment was right - it lasts forever, but when it does fade, it fades to a gorgeous "been making out all day" hue, a deep, pink stain.  It also doesn't dry out my lips and looks great on, stays put without liner, and has a matte finish that I just love.

Bonus!  If you layer a coat of Baby Lips Electro in Pink Shock over the top of it, it gives it a crazy dimensional neon-ish look and a bit of shine!

Lesson learned.  I'll be trying a few more of these colors!

Are there any brands/lines that you've almost given up on and they changed your mind?

<3 WW

2 comments:

  1. The formula has gotten SO much better with these. Tried one when they first came out and it was terrible. Tried it again and now I have more than I would like to admit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it had first come out when I got the lighter color, so I'd imagine the formula change was between that purchase and the hot pink...I will soon have a shameful amount, too, I fear.

      Delete