Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Review - Almay One Coat Dial-Up Mascara

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
No, your memory is not failing you, nor is it that funny taste that may have been in your drink.  Although, if that actually happened, you may want to look into it.  You may have seen this post before.  In an attempt to make everything easier to navigate for everyone, I am working on transferring all of the old beauty and craft posts from the recipe blog to their appropriate homes on the newer wings.  I'll be only one a day so as not to clog up your feeds, so please bear with all the boring re-caps!
<3
-WW
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Note - this review is my opinion, was not compensated for and I purchased the mascara myself, for personal use.  If I'm ever paid for a review, or receive a product for free, I'll let ya know....Hell, I'll probably be so excited I'll let everyone know, but will always use my honest opinion no matter what.  If someone wants to send me free stuff to review or pay me for one, I think that's great, but I'll still not kiss ass for it.







This stuff is ok.  Not the best, but I'm not pissed I bought it.  I'm not sure what it goes for retail because it seems to have been discontinued in my area and I got it on clearance.  I have no idea what settings 1 and 2 do on the clicky thing, but seriously, who the fuck cares?  I can't imagine anyone using those settings because, to me, mascara is all about dramatic lashes.  If I want to look natural, I'm honest about it and don't wear makeup.

This goes on brilliantly and I've never, ever had a clump out of it.  Although it is advertised as one-coat, it truly does look better with two.





I could only find it in black-brown, which isn't usually a color I'd use, but I love it in this.  The brush has plastic-y knobby things instead of the spiral wire-twirl brush (loving those descriptions, aren't ya guys?).  Somehow the mascara seems (to me, anyway), to go on much smoother and I attribute the non-clumping to the brush because when you pull it out of the tube, you can look at it and tell right away if there's any clumpy problem-causing parts on it and wipe them off.

The only drawback is that this stuff is rather thin and takes for.  fucking.  ever.  to dry.  After you put it on, for the next 3 or 4 minutes, you'd better not dare even think about sneezing, eyeliner fixes, blinking, or anything else.  If you can go into a deep meditation and slow your breathing, all without closing your eyes, that'd be great.

Its a good thing to keep around for when you have lots of time to do your makeup, but I can't tell you how many times I've ended up with smudged mascara because I was in a hurry and had nothing else to grab.

This exact mascara?  Not bad, but not a re-buy for me due to the drying time, which is a pity because I liked everything else about it, but I just had to clean up WAY too many times and it gets frustrating after awhile.  This type of brush?  I will  hunt down to the ends of the earth.  Or clean this one after the tube is empty and use it on my next mascara of choice if it doesn't have this same kind.

<3
The Wookie Wifey

No comments:

Post a Comment