Saturday, September 13, 2014

Review - Estee Lauder Face Set

*This was a gift from a friend, but reviews are 100% honest and are in no way affected by the whole 'free' thing.



 This little Estee Lauder set is amazing.  I'm going to call it the 'Soft Clean' set since that's what most of the packaging seems to say.


The creme cleanser is super gentle and leaves your face feeling crazy soft.  It has a light perfume-y smell, but nothing that is offensive of strong.  It didn't break out even my sensitive skin.


This is the Soft Clean Silky Hydrating Lotion.  I've used up all of the products except for this one.  That isn't because it isn't good...In fact, it is the complete opposite.  I've hoarded it because it is SO GOOD for dry skin from allergies.  I tend to get dry skin around my nose from rubbing it a lot when my allergies go haywire and this is perfect to just dab around with a cotton ball so you're not having to do extra rubbing to just irritate things more.  Love.  It *is* technically a toner, but I usually just use Witch Hazel to tone and save this for the aforementioned skin problem.


This is the Advanced Night Repair, which I don't think is technically part of the set, but we're gonna throw it in there because...because.  I can.  That's why.

This stuff is good, but I found the smell to be off-putting.  While everything else on this review has the nice, soft, perfume-y smell I mentioned with the cleaner, this one smelled like vitamins and dirt.  I guess that could be good for your skin, but I'd find myself trying not to sniff it when I applied it.  Still, since it did make me wake up all moisturizey, that is something I can over look.

The only other con with this one is that I would apply it, let it dry, then apply a coat of the below moisturizer before going to bed...Maybe that isn't how you should use them because it would create a residue on my skin you could 'roll' off if you rubbed the moisturizer in too much...Like when you get glue on your hands.

Please to ignore my cold people bumps.

The Estee Lauder Resilience Lift Extreme - What can I say about this stuff?  I really love it.  It is so thick and creamy and moisturizes wonderfully.  The only con with it is that since it is so thick, you have to wait 5-10 minutes after applying it before you can apply makeup, but that isn't a big deal.

While we could sit here and argue for days over how high-priced these are, I can say that if I could afford to keep them around all the time, I probably would.  As stupid as it sounds, the gorgeous scent of (most of) these, the consistency of their formulas, and the gorgeousness of the packaging just make you feel like you're pampering yourself and your skin so much when you use them.  I know I've said it before, but everything should have cute packaging!!

No comments:

Post a Comment