Thursday, July 17, 2014

Makeup Breakup - Clean n Clear Morning Glow Moisturizer

Yep, its a new series!!  Hopefully this one won't end up getting too many things added to it, but I figured it was time for a catchy name for all these products I use that don't work for me.  Introducing...MAKEUP BREAKUP!

Now, keep in mind, anything under this label will just be products that *I* didn't care for.  If you don't have an issue with the things I list about them and the reasons I give for breaking up with them then, by all means, give them a shot!  Most won't be horrible products by any stretch of the imagination, but everyone's skin and preferences are different, so these posts will be to just help people who have similar preferences to mine when shopping for new products!

On with the song and dance, no?


The first breakup goes to Clean n Clear Morning Glow Moisturizer.


It LOOKS like a normal moisturizer...


However, it isn't.  Now, it is hard to tell in the photos, but I left this one huge (and you can click it to get it even bigger), but this stuff has a freakin' MICRO SHIMMER IN IT!  Yeah, my arm is NOT that glowy.  It looks 'glowy' in the photo, but IRL, it looks like I got attacked by a 90's teenybopper.

Now, don't get me wrong, I love glitter and I love shimmer...but like many things in life, I only like it when I expect it or put it on myself.  Nowhere on this bottle does it mention that it has a shimmer in it.  Nowhere.  If it had, I wouldn't have bought it.  I think somewhere on the bottle it said something about a 'healthy glow'...well, yeah, anyone can fake that with a dusting of shimmer powder.  That's totally cheating.

Other than the shimmer, it is a good product, so it made me very sad that they soiled a good, moisturizing, great-smelling product with that crap.  And, yes, the shimmer does show and mix in with your foundation if you try to put makeup on over it.

So, sorry, Clean n Clear, I still love you, but as for the Morning Glow Moisturizer?  We gotta break up.

<3 WW

Listening to: "The Riff" - Lordi

No comments:

Post a Comment