Sunday, June 16, 2013

Dress the Blogger Part 2 - Natalie!

************

Welcome to my new little mini-series, Dress the Blogger!  I love fashion, but since my blog is anonymous, I figured I'd challenge myself and see how I'd do dressing other bloggers!  I hit up my 4 favorite bloggers who have styles similar to my own, (which varies, let me tell you), and am going to create 3 looks for each one and we'll see if I can even get remotely close to anything they'd actually wear.  Big thanks to these awesome women for participating and I hope they like what I've picked!  Since this is all in fun it is budget smudget....If I see something on polyvore I find fitting, it goes on the list even if it is thousands of dollars because everyone can dream, right?

*Note:  I couldn't, for the life of me, figure out how to post from polyvore to here and may or may not have spammed shit like 12 times trying to get it to work, so in the end I just saved then uploaded like pictures and if you'd like to view them on polyvore, there are links provided below each set and there is also, alll the way at the bottom, my polyvore information!  :)

************

Round 2 is Natalie from Extra Large as Life.  She runs a super adorable size-positive plus-size fashion blog plus whatever other randomness is going on with her at the moment!  Sometimes heartfelt, sometimes crazy antics and gorgeous vacations, her blog has kept me entertained for hours on end and I've been following it for quite some time now, so definitely check it out!  

Her style is similar to mine in that I tend to wear a ton of dresses and skirts with bright, loud patterns and accessories mixed with super nerdy elements, plus we both seem to have a love for wedges.  I love all shoes, but boots and wedges just make my heart sing.  She is also closer to my size, though proportioned differently, (this series is celebrating ALL shapes and sizes because we all rock), so while these are skinny-people sizes on the board, I chose cuts and patterns that would flatter her shape and be fairly simple to locate in plus-sized shops or thrift shops or maybe even sew if your'e good!



This set I thought would look great on her for a girls' night out.  The sheer panels would show off her calves, while the trim waist with the thin yellow belt would show off her waist.  Since she's not totally all groovy with her arms yet, I included a pink cropped bolero that matches the pink stripe in the awesome wedges.  I also threw in the large, girly print tote bag, (because I've seen her What's in my Bag posts and her bag rivals mine!), and some cute, chunky earrings and a comic book-inspired necklace for a bit of a nerdy touch!



This set I chose for Natalie because that girl can rock the hell out of a peplum skirt.  I kept finding shoes and jackets that I thought would look great with the sheer top, skirt, and studded bag, so I decided, what the hell, I'll just make this one of those several-in-one outfits.  I kept the shoes flats or wedges since she has trouble with heels and kept the jackets cropped to show off her waist and the peplum.  For the first option, there's a denim jacket and pale yellow tennis shoes that match the trim on the top with bright pink accessories to add more color.  The second option is a leather biker jacket with studded yellow flats and chunky black jewelry, while the third is a it softer with a neutral jacket, yellow wedges, and wooden bangles.


Set 3 is what I thought would be a great date set for her.  The asymmetrical skirt is cute and sexy as hell.  I chose a corset top because, in my experience, most women who can pull off a peplum can kill a fucking corset. Seriously.  I added the blue bolero and the whole thing is offset a bit by the chunky black wedges, since while Natalie's style is pretty girly, there is usually at least a hint of an edge thrown in there somewhere, even on her girliest outfits I've seen!  I topped this one off with some cute pale blue shades, turquoise-colored chunky gemstone jewelry, and a funky orange clutch to pull the orange out of the corset a bit.

So, Natalie, how'd I do?  Would you wear any of this or are you running away from the screen?  >.<

Two more bloggers to dress on the way, guys, hope you are enjoying the series so far!  <3

<3
WookieWifey

6 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE! Seriously, maybe I should hire you as my stylist, it's abit eerie how bang on you are! Love how you know i'm still learning to love my arms! I was trying to pick which outfit I liked best, but I can't! THANK YOU for including me in this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So derpy today I tried to reply via email, I swear, what is wrong with me!! POLYVORE STOLE MY BRAIN CELLS LOL. Anywho, thank you for participating, I'm so happy you liked it! If you ever decide to get crazy rich and hire a stylist, I'm in! <3

      Delete
  2. Woohoo! another awesome blog you introduce me to. Love this series

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Natalie's style, she was one of first plus size blogs I followed. I think she would definitely wear all of these and rock them, especially teh first one, very her. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, glad I got close to her style! *whew*

      Delete